Australian Hearing does not perform cochlear implant evaluation and surgery, but we have a close relationship with cochlear implant clinics around Australia and provide a number of support services:
Who is eligible for Australian Hearing's cochlear implant support program?
- Maintenance and replacement parts. Australian Hearing covers the cost of speech processor repairs and replacement parts for all clients who are eligible for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
- Speech processor upgrades and replacements (this program is available only to eligible clients under 26 years of age).
- Australian Hearing also provides a number of other services for cochlear implantees including hearing tests and hearing aid fitting for the ear that does not use a cochlear implant, Remote microphone systems when clinically indicated and communication training for adult clients.
People eligible for our Cochlear Implant program must have a valid Hearing Services Card or Hearing Care Card,
and be either:
- Under 26 years of age and an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
How do I obtain replacement parts?
- An Adult who meets the eligibility criteria for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program
We have a telephone service for requesting replacement parts for most speech processors. You can call us on 1800 131 339.
You can also request replacement parts via the CI client order form
To help us provide you with the correct parts, please keep a note of details such as the length of cables, magnet strength and colours you or your child use.
Speech processor repairs
Speech processor repairs are managed through your cochlear implant clinic.
Remember to bring your Hearing Services Card when you attend your cochlear implant clinic for a speech processor repair.
Upgrade and replacement of speech processors
This service is only available for eligible Australian Hearing clients aged under 26.