Specialist Hearing Services at Australian Hearing are available to help those with complex communication needs, such as:
- severe or profound hearing loss
- significant visual impairment in addition to hearing loss
- other disabilities that heighten communication difficulty
What is covered?
The government provides funding exclusively to Australian Hearing to provide additional assistance to clients with complex communication needs. Products and services for these clients are provided at no charge and include:
- comprehensive assessment of hearing and communication needs
- specialist advice on making the most of hearing ability
- a personalised program to improve listening and communication in daily life
- access to higher level technology
- devices in addition to hearing aids
- ongoing program of services and support
Who provides these services?
Australian Hearing’s specialist audiologists. They have undertaken extensive training and have experience in complex rehabilitative audiology.
Where to next?
To access Specialist Hearing Services, contact Australian Hearing on 131 797 to speak to one of our friendly, expert team members.
*Conditions apply to clients under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.