How much noise is too much noise?
Tips for protecting your hearing
- Avoid loud sounds and noise.
- If you can’t avoid a loud sound, you should protect your ears with earplugs or earmuffs. Balls of cottonwool or tissue offer little protection.
- Sudden, very intense sounds, such as gunshots, are particularly dangerous and can cause immediate, permanent hearing loss.
- Use hearing protection such as earplugs at loud music events. Special earplugs can be made for musicians to protect their hearing while preserving the sound quality of the music.
- Give your ears frequent rest from noise. Limit your time in very noisy places and take regular breaks in quieter areas.
- Set the volume of your portable music player at a moderate level. Don’t turn up the volume of your stereo to try to drown out background noise. As a general rule, set the volume to a level where you can hear someone at arm’s length without them having to shout.
sildenafil masticable almaximo Hearing protection in the workplace