What is Hearing Loss?
A hearing loss occurs when your ability to hear is reduced, making it more difficult for you to hear speech and all the other sounds in life you love.
A hearing loss can be caused by many factors, recurring ear infections such as Otitis Media, age and exposure to loud noise are the most common causes.
It's important to get your hearing checked early and often from the time your born into late adult hood. Good hearing helps you can stay connected to friends’ family and community.
Signs of hearing loss in adults
- Asking people to repeat themselves.
- Your family complaining the TV volume is up too loud.
- You hear ringing or buzzing noises in your ears.
- Straining to hear in noisy places.
- Missing out on everyday sounds
Signs of hearing loss in children
- Speaking loudly
- Delayed or limited speech development
- Misunderstanding instructions
- Difficulty at school
- Frequent ear infections